From: Ben Edelman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 6:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [IFWP] ANNOUNCE: ICANN-Santiago Remote Participation

The IRC server has suffered some minor difficulties in the last 24 hours --
nothing I couldn't resolve if I were at the server console in Cambridge...
but I'm not, and indeed the entire Berkman "primary technical staff" is
either here in Santiago or on vacation away from Cambridge.  That said, I
expect to talk someone through bringing it back up tomorrow morning, and I
do indeed hope it'll be operational by tomorrow afternoon.

If not, I'd take recommendations for a good free, low-bandwidth-friendly,
JAVA-enabled web browser-accessible, ideally-also-IRC-accessible hosted chat
site to use for tomorrow afternoon.  Something commercial, something
non-commercial, or something one of you might be able to cobble together on
16 hours notice... any would be good for me.  But I do still think & hope we
can get our own server back up and running.  Will keep everyone posted.

Ben Edelman
Berkman Center for Internet and Society
Harvard Law School

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...