Robin and all,

  Robin, yes I am with you I think.  But please understand, that I am not
against what you purport to be about in general terms.  I do see
a huge potential problem to which william eluded to.  Politically
speaking I believe at this juncture that a huge number of gTLD's
is not likely and is going to meet with allot of opposition from any
number of groups at some juncture.  When?  I don't really know.

  On the financial front from a business development and marketing
point of view, what you are proposing or working towards is a grass
roots approach, that has a very small chance of long term survival
without a substantial amount of funding per gTLD....  Do you have that
funding, a funding model, a business plan for each gTLD?  Do you have a
method technically of making any of all of the Domains registered within
those gTLD name spaces, easily visible to everyone on the internet
without any modifications to their dialer, or otherwise?

Robin Nixon wrote:

> >  I am afraid I must for the most part agree with WIlliam here.  As to
> >the characterization of PGmedia, I don't agree with that.  But by in
> >large, trying to claim ownership of a large number of gTLD's
> >without the benefit of a TM on them or even with a TM, unless you
> >can legitimately financially support those gTLD's, you are spitting
> >in the wind, so to speak...
>
> TLDNS.COM chooses not to make claims. Neither in areas where others have
> made claims nor in areas whhere they haven't (although our prior use
> reserves us that right in this latter case). Instead our vision is for an
> open naming system of unlimited 'TLD's - where different groups may look
> after different areas for easy management - but where the names belong to
> the Internet in general and not any single individual or organization.
>
> What we see is the need for (for example) Mr Fred Smith to get a name in
> cybercspace that matches his own name. Now, fredsmith.com, org and .net are
> probably gone, and there's not much else left. But with Infinite 'TLD's all
> the Fre Smiths in the world get the chance at a good name:
> fredsmith.flowers, fredsmith.baker, fred.smith .fredsmith
> newsagnent.fredsmith, fredsmith.carpenter, fredsmith.3rd and so on. Finally
> this person will be able to get a name that loks good instead of
> members.aol.com/fredsmith/ or whatever.
>
> Or how about flower.arranging - would arranging be a popular TLD? No? So if
> there isn;t unlimited 'TLD' space that great domain couled not exist. Then
> what about films? summer.of.sam would be possible - south.park or
> south.park.the.movie - how about eyes.wide.shut and so on?
>
> Or more personal 'home' pages robin.and.julie - fredsmiths.uncle -
> marys.pricess.diana.page - are you with me yet?
>
> - Robin.

Kindest Regards,