Mr. Farber, Ms. Dyson, and Everybody,

  It appears based on other posts to which Jeff Williams correctly noted, that
Ms. Dyson is not being completely candid in her remarks in this post that
Mr. Farber so kindly provided here.  This I fine disturbing, and have also
noticed before on other comments to which Ms. Dyson has stated that she
does not speak fro the ICANN BoD.  Yet in she seems to wish to do so
in this instance.  This seems to be either misleading or disingenuous, given
her previous statements to the contrary....  I would parrot Jeff Williams
question.  Can you clarify definitively Ms. Dyson?

David Farber wrote:

> >Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:09:02 -0400
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >From: David Farber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: IP: ICANN and what it is
> >Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >>To: David Farber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Esther Dyson)
> >>Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:18:26 -0400
> >>
> >>WHy does it need to be ICANN itself who does this?  Does no one else have
> >>the right to correct misconceptions? <g>
> >>
> >>Regardless, may I please ask you on behalf of ICANN to avoid the use of
> >>oversight in referring to ICANN outside of direct quotes?  (By all means
> >>please send this to the list.)
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>Esther

> >>if anyone).

> >>Esther Dyson                  Always make new mistakes!
> >>chairman, EDventure Holdings
> >>interim chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
> >>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>1 (212) 924-8800
> >>1 (212) 924-0240 fax
> >>104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
> >>New York, NY 10011 USA
> >>http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org
> >>
> >>High-Tech Forum in Europe:  24 to 26 October 1999, Budapest
> >>PC Forum: March 12 to 15, 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
> >>Book:  "Release 2.0: A design for living in the digital age"

Respectfully,

--
Brian C. Hollingsworth
Sr. Legal Advisor, International House of Justice Internet