Roberto and all,

  Financing ICANN with a $1 per domain registration is a tax, and therefore
is not expectable as is basing their financing on membership fees.  This
is a poor financing model.  They have had several opportunities for financing
from several different sources and either did not follow up on those, or
were unwilling to make some necessary adjustments in order to qualify
for that financing...