> Karl, have you tried to join the non commercial constituency?

I can't.  It is open only to organizations.

Besides. ICANN's bylaws say that any constituency can "self organize".
And the IDNO has done a wonderful job of self organizing.  I suggest that
it is better organized than any of the recognized constituencies.

There is no reason why a group of people who have a direct interest in
domain name should be refused a constituency when six constituencies
were automatically granted for six types of business entities.

I would suggest that since every corporation is composed of people, that
there simply be an IDNO constituency and that everyone be forced to join
it.

Many would probably object to what I said in the previous paragraph
because they would feel that their interests would be submerged.

The reverse is true, individuals would be submerged other constituencies.

Individuals have a right to their own recognized constituencies.  ICANN is
acting as if individuals were some horrible thing to be rejected in all
manners, shapes, and forms.

And the At-large membership, even if it were ever to be created, and
especially since it was dismembered in Santiago, is not a substitute for a
DNSO constituency.

                --karl--