Jeff, Congressmen and Everybody,

  On a practical level and a responsibility level I find myself in
concurrence with Jeff Williams and Mr. Sondow here.  I would
humbly suggest, but strongly, that the House Commerce Commission
review this situation very closely, as it is my understanding that
some of your re-elections may depend on it.

Jeff Williams wrote:

> Michael and all,
>
>   Your point is well taken Michael.  The ultimate question is who
> is the serviced and who is the service.
>
>   It appears the the ICANN (Initial?) Interim self appointed board
> would deem that the operators are the ones to be serviced, and
> the Domain Name holders/Users are to service them given the UDRP
> in which the are not floating around.  I personally find this to be only
> one part of the UDRP that is completely backwards.
>
> Michael Sondow wrote:
>
> > Ellen Rony wrote:
> > >
> > > For example, on the current, contentious discussion of the Uniform Dispute
> > > Resolution Policy, I found this astute and sensible observation from Don
> > > Telage, Sr. VP of NSI in the voting records of the provisional DNSO*:
> >
> > > No process should be mandated by any entity, ICANN
> > > or registry, until those registrars who contractually bind their
> > > registrants to the process are legally satisfied with the procedures > involved,
>and have given adequate notice to their registrants.
> >
> > <and>
> >
> > > Registrars should be given the time
> > > to draft and implement a practical ADR process based on real world
> > > experience with registration.
> >
> > Is this really so sensible and astute, Ellen? What about the
> > registrants? Shouldn't we, also, be satisfied legally with the
> > procedures involved, since it is we who run the risk of losing our
> > domain names? Shouldn't we, as well as the registrars, be given the
> > opportunity and the time to draft and implement the ADR process,
> > based on our own experience, and not only that of the registrars?
> >
> > This whole process and everyone involved in it has gone mad. The
> > Internet is a service for its users, not for its operators.

> > Michael Sondow           I.C.I.I.U.     http://www.iciiu.org
> > Tel. (718)846-7482                        Fax: (603)754-8927
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Jeffrey A. Williams
> Spokesman INEGroup (Over 95k members strong!)
> E-Mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Contact Number:  972-447-1894

Respectfully,

--
Brian C. Hollingsworth
Sr. Legal Advisor, International House of Justice Internet