James - look on the positive side.  The US News cares about your values
and sensibilities.  They don't want to upset you - either case fear - as
in fear of revolution, or bad manners, i.e. the faith of the ugly
american.

In the US news is a marketing function not to be confused with real
information or reporting.

Regards
Joe