Patrick and all,

  Well Patrick, in this instance you are in part correct.  I believe
some time ago Ed Gerik posted several series of posts along
these lines as "Trust Models".  Very excellent ones as I recall,
isn't that correct Ed?  Chime in here guy!

  The problem with the disjointed and short sighted idea of using
a drivers license as "Proof" is in part as Patrick has suggested.
It is also a bit invalid for other reasons as a matter of participation
in any fora as well.  For example, suppose the person(s) do not
have Drivers licenses?  Suppose they are sight impaired, or physically
handicapped to the point that they cannot drive a car and therefore
do not have a drivers license?  Suppose, as with some of our members,
they are elderly, and cannot pass a drivers test anymore?  Are these
good reasons or criterion for not allowing participation in this fora?
I think not.

  Hasn't the "Keystone Cops" scenario that Patrick mentioned here
already gone way too far?  Why would anyone want to disinclude any
stakeholder from participating equally?  Isn't that what the WG-D??, all
about in the "Reachout" idea?  Hasn't the paranoia of some with those
tendencies gone way too far?  I think these are all questions that ALL
of us need to ask ourselves frequently...