Newsgroups: comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains
Subject: Need to Register Domains by Template
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Martin McCormick)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:00:24 GMT

        I am the technical contact for Oklahoma State University.
Every few months or so, someone wants to register a domain for an
organization that is supported here but is not part of the university
such as a .com, .org, or .net domain.  In the past, I always just got
the critical information such as names, addresses, and billing contact
information, added any information of ours such as our DNS addresses
and my name as I am usually the technical contact for any domains
supported on our name server, and filled in the template to send off
to Internic.

        I have now been asked to register a new domain which will be
done under the new system with all the private companies.  No problem,
right?

        Well there is a slight problem.  I use lynx as a web browser
because those of us who are blind have pretty good luck with lynx on
well-behaved web sites.  The sites I have visited so far could write a
manual on how to break lynx.  Is there any of those companies who will
take an Internic-style registration template via ordinary email so
that I can still do what should be a simple task without having to do
Heaven knows what to make things work?

Martin McCormick 405 744-7572   Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information services Data Communications Group