August 7, 2000

The Honorable Norman Y. Mineta
Office of the Secretary, Room 5854
U.S. Department of Commerce
14th & Constitution Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20230
Fax:    202-482-2741

Dear Mr. Secretary:

This letter will serve to bring to your attention an issue of some
importance.  This weekend participants to the domain policy lists were
advised by a representative of Network Solutions that the list and all
associated resources under the domain Internic.net were being terminated
by the Department of Commerce.

This action initiated by one Becky Burr will result in considerable
inconvenience to the Internet community.  I also suspect it is yet another
attempt by your department to bury an official record of domain
issues.  The Internic archives located at lists.internic.net  is one of
the largest repositories of issues concerning domain names.  These
archives go back to 1996 and the contributions to it come from every walk
of life on the Internet.

By closing down these archives your department's actions will result in
millions of broken links on the World Wide Web which depend on this
Department of Commerce resource.

I doubt this letter will result in any reversal of your department's
action.  Therefore, I hereby request access to the records under FOIA
laws.  Please provide me with access to all records and items in paper
form or electronic format which originate from myself, or are replies or
topics associated with myself, and or the organization "The dot.GOD
Registry", and or any item dealing with the top level domain for GOD.

Sincerely,
J. Baptista, Hostmaster & Director
The dot.GOD Registry