Apologies for the garbled sentence which should read:

A confluence of self-serving interests and
inner-sanctum communications not involving Berkman, coupled with lack of
resolve by the IFWP Steering Committee, torpedoed the wrap-up meeting.

I think the stealth appointments of the interim board were the pivotal
point of departure.  How different these past two years might have been if
the nine interim board members had not be installed by autocratic and
secretive fiat.
And now, four of them get to stay on for Year Three.  The justification for
that truly escapes me and perhaps deserves more attention than a discussion
about matters we can no longer change.

Ellen Rony                        @..@                            Co-author
The Domain Name Handbook         (----)       http://www.domainhandbook.com
ISBN 0879305150                 <.>__<.>                   +1  415.435.5010
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          ^^^  ^^^                                Tiburon, CA
    Princess, having had sufficient experience with princes, seeks frog.