Hey everyone,

1.  Two ICANN critics have been elected to ICANN Board.  Here is an article by Aaron
Pressman of the Standard on the recently concluded ICANN election:
http://www.thestandard.com/article/display/0,1151,19272,00.html?nl=ias

2.  Is There Anyone Out There Who is Good at Doing Interviews With The Press?  I was
just interviewed by Verne Kopytoff at the San Francisco Chronicle about the ICANN
elections.  When he writes the article I will forward it on to you.  We're starting to
get more and more good press.

This is the third interview request that I have had.

I am not the best spokesperson for internet sufferage (internet democracy).

I want to create a panel of people to with whon  can share future interview requests.
Any volunteers?  There are only two requirements:

(a) You must be able to speak in sound bites.  You must have enough self presence to
understand the difference between a statement that is outrageous and quotable vs. one
that sounds like it's coming from some kind petty low life whose reality is of no
relevance to "us" (you know, the technology equivalent of the participants on those TV
talk shows and Court shows.  :^)

(b) You must not be obsessed with some particular position of some splinter group or
special interest group.  The subject matter needs to be ICANN (not your favorite
special interest group).

Though... if you can do (a) well...maybe (b) doesn't count.  There are just not enough
of us who can do (a) very well.  That's why no one is listening to us.  And that is
what we need to fix.

If you think you can help, and you are a good talker... give me a call at 847/676-2774

3.  Here is a collection of resources for anyone who wants to learn more about ICANN
vs. Internet Democracy.
http://infoworld.com/articles/op/xml/00/10/02/001002oplivingston.xml (by
[EMAIL PROTECTED]) - In my opinion, the best article to date on ICANN's
dysfunctional behavior...
http://www.media-visions.com/icann.htm (Analyzing ICANN - a page with a very good set
of links to pages containing well researched and reasoned critical analysis of ICANN)
http://www.ADOR-DOC.ORG/wipoletter.html (you can't understand how outrageous has been
ICANN's behavior with respect to favoring large corporations in domain disputes...
unless you read this)
http://www.news.com/Perspectives/Column/0,176,459,00.html (article by by Brian
Livingston of cnet about ICANN bias in domain name arbitration)
http://www.Icannwatch.org (regularly updated website monitoring ICANN activities)
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/full_coverage/tech/domain_names_and_registration/ (100s of
articles written by reporters who've been covering these issues)
http://www.flywheel.com/ircw/overview.html (an overview of the domain names
controversy - starting pre-ICANN with an extensive and thorough  set of related links)
http://www.icann.org  (ICANN's Web Site)
http://www.ais.org/~ronda/new.papers/gao-icann/DNS-Proposal.txt
http://umcc.ais.org/~ronda/ (background on the development of the Internet and the
role of the government)
http://www.domainhandbook.com/toc.html
http://www.iciiu.org/ (International Congress of Independent Internet Users)
http://www.domainnotes.com/
http://www.eff.org/ (electronic Frontier Foundation (the ACLU of the Internet)
http://www.media-visions.com/newdom2b.html (links to government and industry leaders)
http://www.media-visions.com/icann-involved.htm (steps you can take to help this
problem)

4.  Please pass this email along to anyone who might want to be added to the
distribution list.

Curtis Sahakian
1-847-676-2774