>P.S. Stef:  You keep presuming I'm advocating centralization.
>Please do not pidgeon-hole my ideas to fit your expectations.
>I'm advocating quite the opposite:  Decentralized democracy,
>composed of individuals practicing reponsible self rule from
>a global sense of our deep interactivity, a sensibility that the
>global Internet could help to induce if liberated from ICANN.
>Thanks,
>-ken

Good...you are talking end to end....... but talking democracy
suggests that there is something to communicate with in the
middle....there isn't...forget it!   SCCA is in tthe middle.....
The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Index to 9 years
  of the COOK  Report at http://cookreport.com         From now
through Sept 15th
half price sale on university library site license and access to ALL
back issues.
Site license $575 and all back  issues $300.  http://cookreport.com/sale.shtml