As far as i know for application level attacks like this you need
something like snort to detect them.
I believe this is supported as a package. I havent used it under pfsense
though.
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Setup_Snort_Package seems to indicate
it will block hosts based on snort rules.

I'd imagine that using snort on your pfsense box will add a certain
cpu/memory overhead though.

Vince