For everyone, real world write tests (with synthetic writes), notice most
drives able to write hundreds of TiB some approaching a PiB --
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?271063-SSD-Write-Endurance-25nm-Vs-34nm

Adam - If you partition free space (under provision) the modern drives will
wear level themselves quite well. Like Seth, we run a lot of Intel 320's,
including our pfSense boxes with great success. We've been burned by cheap
SSDs in the past though, for example we had a SanDisk unit that appeared to
have a good 10x write-amplification in a pfSense box and died very
prematurely. On the plus side pfSense continued to function properly
without a hard disk indefinitely (though unmanageable).

Mike