I am having an issue getting a Huawei 3G+ GSM USB(MF192 HSPA) modem to work on either a pf 2.1 box. I'd like to be able to ssh in.

The location's Internet is via a Dlink DIR-412 router hosting a Huawei USB modem(huawei cdma ec122). The double NATting is making for a very effective firewall and I cannot ssh in.

I believe these devices are configured to present themselves as a usb drive first and a windows executable auto runs and configures the modem and turns the device into a modem. There is a way to turn this off and use it under *nix. Is there 3G+ modem card someone can recommend and a reliable source?

Mehma