On 2013-10-11 12:57, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
After having read the whole NSA thread on this list, it came up to my
mind that pfsense web GUI could declare itself "conform to US laws" upon
the point when there are known backdoors included or otherwise the code
was compromised on pressure of govermental authorities. It would be the
sign for the users to review the code and maybe to fork an earlier
version and host it in a free country, where the protection of personal
data is a common sense and national security is not so much an issue.

I think that your idea is worth further consideration.

As I just answered to other postings of this thread, by my comprehension infiltrating firewall software such as pfSense should be highly interesting for NSA, etc. because they would get a grip onto your internal and VPN traffic. So it should be only a matter of time, that they knock the door at ESF and force them to do things they don't like. We all - as a community - should think and act pro-actively to that and take appropriate measures to protect pfSense, ESF and the key people such as Chris Buechler and his partners from this realistic thread in time.

Best regards
Thinker Rix