On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Robert Skinner <rob...@robertskinner.com>wrote:

> You would have hated the 90s then.

Interesting time that was, no particular hate though for that period..
Now the 80's on the other hand :*)

> Though annoying at times, these displays on mailing lists have also
> sparked some great technology projects too. Those around in the early BSD
> days recall such episodes. Not that I am promoting or encouraging such
> behavior.

There is no doubt great technology has emerged from conflict; verbal and
otherwise.

I think I may be an optimist with a belief that if we choose to interpret
intentions in a positive way even when they are communicated otherwise, we
can potentially do even greater things... maybe I am choosing to be
naive...  but then, that is the title of this thread....

> You will always have “that guy”, at a bar now and then, but as long as
> it’s not a bar full of that personality.

I think unfortunately all of us have had the privilege of being "that guy"
at the bar - I know I have a few times even without the Guinness or Scotch
flowing  8*]