That commit was not pushed to 2.1 (i have done this now). So it will
be available in the next release. It applies cleanly to 2.1 so you
should just be able to apply that patch to your existing install.

Andreas that TLS option was only aimed at 465 connections where the
actual transport layer is secured.
Port 25 and Port 587 are plaintext ports until STARTTLS is sent which
upgrades the connection from plaintext to a secured one.

Prior to this commit one could only use port 465 (iirc there might
still have been a problem). Port 465 is deprecated (way back in 1998)
as well so its use should be avoided.

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Andreas Meyer <anme...@anup.de> wrote:
> Hell!
>
> I tried with both, port 587 and port 25. I use
>
> 2.1-RELEASE (i386)
> built on Wed Sep 11 18:16:22 EDT 2013
> FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE-p11
>
> nanobsd (4g)
>
>   Andreas
>

> Yehuda Katz <yeh...@ymkatz.net> wrote:
>
>> As of about a month ago (
>> https://github.com/pfsense/pfsense/commit/1cddd59c4ed2341f87cf58d9b67d45c82ffd99d0)
>> StartTLS is an independant setting and should work no matter what port you
>> are using.
>> I do not know whether that code has made it to a release (can log in to
>> check from where I am now) and I don't know how much that changed the
>> behavior from before, but it is probably worth a look.
>>
>> - Y
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Andreas Meyer <anme...@anup.de> wrote:

>> > checked,
>> >
>> > Isn't that checkbox for port 465 only?
>> > php: /system_advanced_notifications.php: Could not send the message to
>> >  i...@anup.de -- Error: could not connect to the host "mail.anup.de": ??

>> >   Andreas

.warren