Hi Paul

Although I didn't yet have to look at this, I could imagine some of our
teachers and students might come at us sooner or later and
ask about iMessage and Facetime, that's why I'm answering ...

2014/1/14 Paul Galati <paulgal...@gmail.com>

> I have tried searching the forums for find a fix to allow Apple Messages
> app to successfully connect using Audio, Video, or Screen Sharing.
>  Unfortunately I have not found a solution.  It seems the port number is
> different each time I view the logs.  Has anyone been able to resolve this
> or similar issue?  The initial connection does work (ringing the bell) but
> when I accept the invite, it fails to start the actual stream.  I am using
> the Jabber protocol with gmail since both parties have gmail accounts.
>
> Is it possible to temporarily create a DMZ to a specific private IP
> address to allow the service to connect and view  the logs to understand
> what ports are needed to make this work safely.

At least Apple has put up some documentation on that topic:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4245 maybe that's the ports you see listed
there?

Honestly I don't know how good or bad iMessage works with NAT, at least
Apple seems to ask for (manual) port forwarding.
If that is going to be true, I don't see myself putting up static port
forwardings as we do have NAT and not that many public IPv4's for the
(wifi) network

However that's not my daily job and I'm just not seing the silver bullet to
make it work? ;-)

-- Mat