I'm using pfSense on an ESXi server to provide dhcp and nat port forwarding
to my virtual machines running on the same system. So far I'm really
pleased with how things are working. The one pain point is that each time I
create a new VM I need to go to the pfSense GUI, create a static
reservation for the new VM (moving the ip address from the dhcp range to
the static range), and set up two port forwarding rules - one for ssh and
one for vnc. I'd like to automate that. From some simple searching I see
that it is likely possible using the pfSense Developer Shell.

So my question is: has anyone done any pieces of this before? I work best
from examples and would like to see what someone else has done and tweak it
to fit my requirements. Any suggestions?

Peter