On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Josh Karli <josh.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I've found a potentially serious bug in the upgrade process.
>
> I'm not getting this error but I am seeing something rather disturbing:
> before the update I was running 2.1-release amd64 and the update seems to
> have switched it to 2.1.1-release i386! All the normal things that happen in
> the UI when switching architectures are there: RRD can't graph the data due
> to error 1 (data is from another architecture), and a shell command sysctl
> hw.machine returns i386.
>
> I updated using the autoupdate feature with automatic rebooting.
>
> So basically your x64 2.1.1-release update is the wrong kernel version.

Not true. If you ended up on i386 after upgrading, then your
auto-update URL was set to i386. If you originally were running i386
and manually set the update URL at some point, then restored that
config backup to amd64 without removing or changing the update URL, it
upgrading to i386 is the expected behavior. You weren't pointing at
the default stable amd64 updates URL if you ended up with i386.