Am 11.05.2014 21:28, schrieb Ryan Coleman:

>> The simple solution is to block all outbound DNS at the firewall, but
>> this can also break things (like some Google and Apple devices).
>> Even broken devices usually have a fallback mode, but be careful of
>> what breaks when you do this!

> Correct. Using this feature will break any client with a hard-defined
> DNS - as we found out in testing at the bar.

(Guys, could we please use proper quoting etiquette instead of
full-quoting and alternating top- and bottom-posting?)

I've never tried this in combination with a captive portal, but how
about redirecting *:53 to the pfsense DNS with a NAT rule that listens
on LAN instead of WAN?
Would that break the captive portal setup?

-Stefan