Given than pfSense 2.1.3 uses FreeBSD 8.3 as the base OS, wouldn't
http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8.3-release/perl5/ be
better location to use for packages?

Walter

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Moshe Katz <mo...@ymkatz.net> wrote:

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Florio, Christopher N <
> flo...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Any idea a URL that I could get this package from?  Sounds like a good
>> option.
>

> One of these should do it (pick the one appropriate for your architecture)
>
> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-current/perl5/perl5-5.16.3_6.tbz
>
> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-current/perl5/perl5-5.16.3_6.tbz
>
> I'm not sure if a specific version of Perl is required - there are some
> breaking changes between 5.8 and 5.10, for example.  If 5.16 doesn't work,
> you can look in
> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-current/perl5/(or
> the i386 location) for other versions of 5.12, 5.14, and 5.18
>
> Moshe
>
> --
> Moshe Katz
> -- mo...@ymkatz.net
> -- +1(301)867-3732

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis