On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Walter Parker <walt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given than pfSense 2.1.3 uses FreeBSD 8.3 as the base OS, wouldn't
> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8.3-release/perl5/ be
> better location to use for packages?
>

> Walter
>

> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Moshe Katz <mo...@ymkatz.net> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Florio, Christopher N <
>> flo...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Any idea a URL that I could get this package from?  Sounds like a good
>>> option.
>>

>> One of these should do it (pick the one appropriate for your architecture)
>>
>> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-current/perl5/perl5-5.16.3_6.tbz
>>
>> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9-current/perl5/perl5-5.16.3_6.tbz
>>
>> I'm not sure if a specific version of Perl is required - there are some
>> breaking changes between 5.8 and 5.10, for example.  If 5.16 doesn't work,
>> you can look in
>> http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-9-current/perl5/(or
>> the i386 location) for other versions of 5.12, 5.14, and 5.18
>>
>> Moshe

Yes, you are correct.  It would be better to use the 8.3 versions of the
packages.  A slip of the mouse on my part - I clicked the wrong version.

Just for completeness' sake, here are the correct links:
64-bit:
http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8.3-release/perl5/perl-5.10.1_7.tbz
32-bit:
http://ftp1.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.3-release/perl5/perl-5.10.1_7.tbz

As before, other versions of perl are also available.

Moshe

--
Moshe Katz
-- mo...@ymkatz.net