On 04/09/2014 09:58, Enock Halonda wrote:
Hello All,

Hope your all well. I need some assistance.I have setup my pfsense system as below.

WAN IP (IP from ISP) on Pfsense (10.20.5.1/24)---------- LOCAL LAN IP on Pfsense (192.168.0.0/22)

From the diagnosis on my Pfsense, i can ping from my WAN (10.20.5.2 as source) to LAN Interface.

I can not however ping any workstation on the local network for example: 192.168.1.4.

I can of course ping the IP: 192.168.1.4 from the LAN interface as the source under my diagnosis.

Internet Access is available. I just want to be able to get to the local IP's on the LAN network from the WAN Interface.

Has anyone faced this or can anyone advise. Thanks alot.

For starters, you would need a rule to allow inbound traffic from your WAN to your LAN, pfsense by its nature, blocks inbound traffic on the WAN interface. Secondly, you will need to uncheck "Block private networks" on your WAN interface. Lastly, I'm assuming that you have disabled NAT already, and that your ISP is doing NAT for both your LAN and WAN subnets.

--
Regards,

Giles Coochey, CCNP, CCNA, CCNAS
NetSecSpec Ltd