The price was right but yes it consumes some power. Its loud and warms the room. Should be good in another month or so when we turn the furnace on. As for the nics I have no idea if their intel or not. Don't recall that detail. I'll try your suggestion and change the time and see what happens.

On 9/3/2014 3:40 PM, compdoc wrote:

>>I have tried the alternate IP. No change. Not sure what the other two do?

Some connections might be slow to respond occasionally, or not handle constant pings well. You can send fewer pings, (every 3 seconds for instance) and wait a longer period of time before declaring the link is down. (like 30 seconds or so)

>> The hardware is a dell 2850, i have a 15x1 cable connection.

If you have nothing better to do with the PowerEdge, might as well use it. They look like they might consume some watts, though. Yours has only Intel nics?