I'm trying to do a full install onto HDD, but I never get that far, I have
been unable to get the box to boot pfsense from stick or cd so that I can
install onto the HDD

I did try a CF card, that started to boot but immediatley hung

I thought there was a very large restriction in packages using CF compared
to HDD, is that not the case (I'm coming from 1.2.3 so this might have
changed)

Nick Upson, Telensa Ltd, Senior Operations Network Engineer
direct +44 (0) 1799 533252, support hotline +44 (0) 1799 399200