If you're going to have 2 systems you can cluster them and make anything you're
running HA even without duplicate vms.

<cmario...@xunity.com> </div><div>Date:02/05/2015  22:22  (GMT-05:00)
<list@lists.pfsense.org> </div><div>Subject: Re: [pfSense] Firewall
Hardware/Setup for Datacenter... </div><div>
around if it is worth trying to buy more ram + more storage (HW RAID) to make
them ESXI worthy to run VMs, or if I should just keep it basic… the ESXI is
tempting since I can at least make the secondary server do other stuff instead
of just waiting for a failure on primary. Trying to think of a useful virtual
machines to run that are not mission critical if a machine dies (since not
raid), don’t have license to real-time replicate it on the VMWare side, but
that might be useful for datacenter...