On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 9:50 PM, Chuck Mariotti <cmario...@xunity.com> wrote:
> I have 4 Yealink T46G phones, 3 on one network (problematic), 1 on a
> separate network… all phones are OpenVPNing into pfSense box at datacenter…
> then using a phone system through the OpenVPN connection.
>
> The problematic location keeps having issues with phones not receiving calls
> or making calls… as well as call quality issues. Rebooting the phones solves
> the problems.
>
> The OpenVPN logs contain a number of TLS Errors (TLS keys are out of sync)…
> as well as Auth/Decript errors (packet HMAC authentication failed). Logs are
> below.

Think you forgot the logs. That should be enough of a summary to have
a good idea though.

What's the firewall/router/NAT device on the network where the 3
phones reside? That sounds like what could happen with a NAT device
that doesn't handle UDP well. Some consumer-grade routers and some NAT
implementations built into DSL/cable modems can have problems handling
long-lived UDP connections especially where multiple devices are being
NATed out to a single destination IP and port.