Steve Yates wrote on Mon, Mar 2 2015 at 1:05 am:

> the scenario is: no NAT, multiple public IPs in use on the "LAN" side
> from two different subnets, and pfSense acting as a firewall.

        I received an email directly...to perhaps shorten my example, if we
have two public subnets 1.1.1.0/28 and 2.2.2.0/28, I would like to use both of
those subnets on different servers, use pfSense as the firewall, and use CARP.
Is there a way to do that and minimize the number of IPs used?

        The "easy/default" way it seems to be would be to use 6 public IPs from
each subnet, 3 for CARP on the WAN side, 3 for CARP on the LAN side, and
duplicate that for the second subnet.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.