I'm going to start a new thread since I think this is a different issue.

        I have a rule to allow all IPv4 from PFSYNC net to PFSYNC net.  That
network is on a VLAN with only those two interfaces on it.

        The failover and fail back works fine on all five CARP
interfaces/aliases if router1 is shut down, it enters CARP maintenance mode,
etc.

        I think this is a bug that if the CARP skew setting syncs, something
happens to the backup so it has a blank Status and no longer considers itself
the Backup for that interface, and therefore failover does not happen.
(enabling CARP maintenance mode on router1 sets only the other four interfaces
to Backup status and the broken one remains Master).

        Interesting to note, the breakage happens immediately upon editing the
router1 skew, before Apply Changes are clicked on router1.  And, when router2's
CARP alias is in that state, setting the skew on router1 back to 0 does not
sync over to router2; its skew stays at 101.  It's as if the link is broken.

--

Steve Yates
ITS, Inc.