This should be fixed. mailer-daemon@ ended up as a list member in
mailman, AFAICT from day one of this list, but in the past few days
ended up being spoofed to send a couple viruses to the list. Those
messages bounced for a number of people, and mailman can't
differentiate between what type of bounce it is.

The bounce counter was reset for everyone, so you can disregard any
messages you received along those lines.

Mailman was setup to block a number of risky file attachment types
(exe, scr, etc.), but I hadn't noticed the functionality that actually
applies that extension block list wasn't enabled. It is now.

Sorry for the noise, should be all good now.