I have checked our installation of our website (a classic protected LAN
with a DMZ formed by two pfsense machines serving as our inner and outer
firewall, and one machine in the DMZ and the rest behind the inner
firewall) using a PCI scanner.

The PCI scan identified two vulnerabilities WRT our pfsense machines.

First, the scanner complains that TLS1 is supported and we need to restrict
it to TLS1.2.  We modified the configuration of lighttpd to use TLS1.2, but
that did not make the complaint go away, so is there anything else that
uses TLS that we need to reconfigure to use only TLS1.2?
Second, it appears that ssh-server on pfsense is version 6.6 and it would
be good if we can upgrade that to 6.9 or better (well, if there is better -
the scan only complains the version if earlier than 6.9)

If we can fix these two things, a little over half of the complaints from
the scanner will be resolved.  I have spent a couple days using google,
trying to resolve these, but to no avail (compounded by the fact the signal
to noise ratio in my searches was abysmal).

Thanks

Ted

--
R.E.(Ted) Byers, Ph.D.,Ed.D.