If you are forwarding the ports to other machines, it is those machines
which need and update, not pfSense.
This is the test: get out your ssh client of choice and connect to the port
from outside. If you get something that is not pfSense, then upgrading ssh
on your firewall isn't going to help.

- Y

Sent from a gizmo with a very small keyboard and hyperactive autocorrect.