Found the description of the attack on GRC. Of course, it is rather dated (2001), but may offer some help in dealing with your ISP.
http://www.crime-research.org/library/grcdos.pdf

On 12/7/2015 8:40 AM, Joshua Young wrote:
We have recently been the target of DDoS attacks.  The same interface is
targeted each time.  Is there any way we can shut down this interface
automatically when this happens?  Is there a way to maybe set a threshold
for traffic and, when it reaches that threshold, automatically shut the
interface down?  When this happens, the pfSense is overwhelmed and our
entire WAN loses Internet connectivity.  I figure if we can shut the one
interface that is being targeted down before the traffic gets to the point
of saturating our bandwidth, then just that one network would be down
rather than our entire WAN.

--
Robert Obrinsky President Robert Obrinsky Industries, LLC 1908 SE 45th Avenue Portland, OR 97215 Office 503.719.4387 Mobile 503.752.8489 http://www.roillc.com