Ever since upgrading to 2.3, I notice that the CPU utilization is uncommonly high when a browser is pointed at the Status / Dashboard.

Naturally, this is the php-fpm process. Each instance of php-fpm runs at between 8 and 40% of my 1.8ghz Atom (dual core, HT). With four or five dasbord windows open and I can burn 70% of the CPU on the idle box. Doing the same on <= 2.2 barely registers additional utilization.

Disabling active widgets (traffic graphs, firwall logs) reduces the utilization slightly, but it's nowhere near what it was <= 2.2.

Is something wrong here, or is this new framework simply more resource intensive? Certainly I'd expect the client to be working harder with the javascripty bootstrappy interface, but I would not expect a pfSense workload change. In our case, all of the upgraded instances (4) behave the same, and all are running on the same Lanner FW-7541D, so maybe there's an idiosyncratic problem with that hardware.

Is anyone else seeing this?