On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Karl Fife <karlf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scaling down the update frequency on the traffic graphs seems to
> meaningfully reduce utilization.  Many other widgets don't appear to have
> have settings for their poll intervals.   Are there other settings hidden
> away reduce the update frequency (to prolong the suitability of older
> hardware)?

Most don't. Might be worthwhile to add (pull requests welcome).

> I know that old routers have to meet their makers eventually, but I hate to
> do so only because dashboard starts causing real-time applications to fall
> over.

It took you 5 instances of the dashboard to reach 70% CPU, how many
duplicate dashboards do you want to run? :) Running one or two
instances of the dashboard on your system won't have any noticeable
impact unless you're already running way too close to the top end
capacity of the hardware.