On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Eero Volotinen <eero.voloti...@iki.fi>
wrote:

> Looking for pfsense hardware that can handle 1000M/1000M internet
> connection with NAT.

I would recommend at least a Xeon processor base system for that traffic.
Really, the limit is PPS; do you know what that would be? Any system using
a Xeon will not be silent. I use a pair of high end custom-built boxes at
my data center, and they can push this kind of traffic, though my usual
sustained is only in the 200Mbps range.

The only silent systems I have are based on the Atom C2758 processor, and I
do not think those will handle a full gigabit connection at full speed.