Hmmm.. I can tighten this code I just sent out a little:

>        foreach [rule thing] ['space-piece " " end-piece 'end][
>                set rule compose [copy x to (thing) (to-paren [append result x])]
>        ]

         That works, but should or could or would be better as:

        foreach [rule thing] [space-piece " " end-piece 'end][
            set rule compose [copy x to (thing) ([(append result x)])]
        ]

         Dropping the ' in front of space-piece and changing the
         to-paren to a block enclosing a paren.

         Lesser known fact: the prettier REBOL code is, the better
         it works. (-;

         -jeff