[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Petr!
>
> At 09:30 PM 10/15/99 +0100, you wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >just downloaded new version of REBOL, and have a few questions:
> >
> >1) In Windows version, when performing e.g. print mold
> >system/schemes/ftp, so generally during the output, mouse
> >movement does strange things - it's slowed down by console output,
> >jerking, jumping in 10s of pixels, even if out of
> >REBOL console window, sometimes it hides, once moving over the console
> >Window
> >

> Okay, so the Windows console scrolls faster which eats up more CPU
> and now the "multi-tasking OS" can't move the cursor smoothly...

hehe, I've thought so, seems like OS design missing devices once again :-)

> >2) What can I imagine behing following words?
> >
> >"Functions and objects, when inspected, now return a copy of the block
> >of words or values so the original can not be
> >modified."
> >

> Can you say "security"?

OK, what does it mean - "inspected"? e.g. - when reffering to print obj/word
REBOL will first create copy of that word? If so - why? We have 'protect
function now available ... I think I am missing something here :-)

> >3) "Datatype output formats now can be globally specified. " - the link
> >on "Datatype" is not reffered in the document
> >So, could anyone explain?
> >

> That was pulled and shouldn't have been there at all. ( See, we needed
> a Beta after all ;)

Aha, so:

1) Any real life example anyway? ;-)
2) Is it going to be added to 2.2 full release?

-pekr-