[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >> Can you say "security"?
> >
> >OK, what does it mean - "inspected"? e.g. - when reffering to print obj/word
> >REBOL will first create copy of that word? If so - why? We have 'protect
> >function now available ... I think I am missing something here :-)
> >

> It means that it used to be that you could modify the internals of
> an object by doing something like:
>
> change skip first object 5 'foo
>
> Now, since 'first object' is a reference to a copy of object's words and
> not a direct reference to object's words, it isn't possible anymore.
> This closes a small hole of opportunity for buffer overrun types of
> security hacking and prevents messing around with object and function
> internals.

??? Great, - now since extending of object by simply stating objname/new-word:
new-value is not working as it returns invalid path, how can we extend object,
once created? Can we do so only by creating new instance by cloning existing
object, and adding new word and its value during the time of creation? What's the
purpose of objects being so closed to further extensions? We now have 'protect
function available to protect some state and values, so why why to limit objects
in such way?

Aha, protect doesn't work on objects nor their values, being words, hmm ...

-pekr-