The classic approach is to define the goal first, and then choose the
language that meets the goal's requirements. If your goal is to get a
job on a team doing Web development this spring, then perl is the
obvious choice. If your goal is to do independent development, then
choose whichever you like best. perl is duty now for the present. REBOL
is duty now for the future.

Since I'm an independent, and my clients don't know perl from a sow's
ear, I can use whatever I like. Like, REBOL.

-T.