[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> um... I was mailing to an address at my provider - not the other side of the
> globe!
> Please read my original question below very carefully - I left it in.

> mail, but I cannot get webpages.
> When I leave the proxy settings, I can get any webpage instantly, but I get
> the error shown below when sending an email.
>
> So, is there a way to tell rebol to avoid the usage of the proxy when
> sending an email?

Aaah, it seems to be exactly the sam situation as I have at my work. We are
behind the firewall. As for typical stuff (http) I have following setting:

set-net [[EMAIL PROTECTED] orion.sec.trz.cz orion.sec.trz.cz 194.196.81.129
1080 socks4]

system/schemes/can't-remember-now(probably default?)/bypass:
["orion.sec.trz.cz"]

I simply excluded my POP and SMTP server from going thru our firewall ...

-pekr-