Hi Donald,

you wrote:
>What I really wanted to know was how to use a set-word!. The reason is that,
>if the program has an error and stops, the console is still set for a changed
>directory path. This is very annoying, since, to re-run the program, I
have to
>change-dir again and again:
>
>  list-path: %/drive/folder/folder/
>  list: READ path
>
>with "list" containing the dir-list block. I didn't get this working yet.

I must be missing something! This wouldn't work for you, right?

>> set 'path %/d/temp/
== %/d/temp/
>> list: read path
== [%save_NewFrames/ %funky/ %tcl-v7/ %snapshots/ %lynx_w32_2_8_2rel_1.zip
%yikes131.zip...

BTW, here you see how my temp file has changed since the last test ;-)

If you're using words that referece the directory names:

>> drive: 'd
== d
>> folder-1: 'temp
== temp
>> folder-2: 'funky
== funky

>> set 'path to file! reduce ["/" drive folder-1 folder-2]
== %/d/temp/funky
>> append :path #"/"
== %/d/temp/funky/
>> read path
== [%schema.DAT %LATEST.LOG %DECISION_TAB.LOG]

Hope this REALLY helps,