At 06:15 PM 3/9/00 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello, Elan:
>
>On 09-Mar-00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> One possibility would be:

>>   print mold to string!
>>      reduce [f-1 "+" f-2 "+" f-3 "+" f-4 "+" f-5] ]
>
>> which results in:
>
>> "a+b+c+d+e"
>> "f+g+h+i+j"
>
>> Hope this helps,
>
>What I ended up using was:
>
>   FOREACH [f-1 f-2 f-3 f-4 f-5] files [
>     portfolio: MOLD TO STRING!
>     REDUCE [f-1 "+" f-2 "+" f-3 "+" f-4 "+" f-5]
>
>When I do it this way, I get a string. That's what I told it to do.
>
>This causes an error,

Which error? A REBOL error?

>and the page is returned

which page returned where?

>minus the first and last (f-1 &
>f-5) entries.

If it causes an error, how is anything returned? Oh, it's not a REBOL error?

>When the quote marks are removed after copying the completed URL
>into the brower, it works fine, so the quote marks are the problem.
>
>   tmp: READ JOIN QAN-URL [ "?tick=" portfolio decimals ]

note that I used the "print mold " expression only for demonstration
purposes: so that you can see exactly what is being returned, namely a
string "..." containing the file values %x and plus signs.

If you want to use the stuff somehow (I don't know what the URL you are
returning has to look like, you will need to join the stuff with the url,
and the final result should be one value, including all information, of
type url!. As in

read join http://www.some-site.com/ ["...."]. See, I don't know whether you
plan to read the files and report the contents of those files to the URL
you are addressing, or whether you want to send a list of file names to the
url, in which case you possibly do not want to include the leading percent
sign, if the server side program does not know that % is REBOL's way of
saying literal file! type.

>Hmm, this is the *same line* used elswhere in the program, which worked last
>night. Am I missing something?

I guess it is.

== http://www.some-site.com/a+b+c+d+e

>> type? join http://www.some-site.com/ ["a+b+c+d+e"]