From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 1:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] Salvaging ASCII data from binary file

Hi,

I have been given a messed up (beyond hope) database file of 5MB and would
like to remove all the extended and unprintable characters, then save the
result as a text file. The following displays the characters:

good-chars:  charset  [#" " - #"/" #"0" - #"9" #"A" - #"Z" #"a" - #"z"]
file: to-file ask "Filename? "
data: read/binary file
forall data [
    if find good-chars first data [
        print to-string copy/part data 1

but what is the best way to collect all of these and save as a plain ASCII
text file, say, good.txt ?

Thanks,

Peter H. Geddes; Savannah, Georgia USA
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>