[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi listers,
>
> What do you think,is there any chance in the future to see a
> Rebol version for (MS/DR/IBM)-DOS ?
> Or  the  Rebol  team  just consider DOS meaning Defunct Operating
> System ;-)...

There was some discussion held on the topic here already. DOS is not 32
bit (well, Caldera's OpenDOS and probably new PCDOS2000 - comes with
Rexx are). There is also "problem" with tcp/ip stack. I must admit I
thought about DOS Rebol version just few days ago. The question is -
once REBOL/View, REBOL/Command (whatever it is :-) is publicly
available, you can buy P133 for just a few bucks.

But on the other hand - it's also question of simplicity. We don't need
all that W95 underlying infrastructure to maintain to just use a REBOL.
That's the reason I think DOS still fits my needs. What other "simple"
OSes are left? Linux? Not all that easy. Upcoming Neutrino? Standalone
Amiga/Elate? Maybe DOS is ugly OS, but it is lightweight and boots fast.
Still not sure RT will reconsider REBOL DOS release though ...

-pekr-