Hello!

> You cannot, because "Internet IP address" is not a clearly defined
term.
> Some users have multiple Internet connections, some none at all. Also,
not all
> platforms provide APIs that allow REBOL to get IP addresses on
individual
> interfaces, not to mention the difficulty of even figuring out which
interface
> connects you to "the Internet". Plus there are complications with
IP-NAT,
> proxies...

Yeah, you're right about all of that, but I was focused on just my home
situation (and those of my friends), without the NATs and proxies,
because...

> Why do you need to know at all ? :-)

I'm building a buddy-list program (very stripped down ICQ) in /View. I
wanted to do direct IP messaging, instead of routing it via a server
(HTTP, or otherwise), that's why... =)

I guess it's not as easy as I'd thought, that's okay, I have plenty of
other projects to do in the meantime... Wait! I just thought up a
solution! It's a bit elaborate, but not too elaborate:

1. Have a page at a (free) webserver that prints out your current IP
address...
2. Have your script read that page...
3. Have Rebol parse the page!

Hurrah! Solved it!

Thanks, Holger, keep up the good work!

Regards,
Rachid

PS. How does it feel working with an all-time Amiga-hero? ;o)