Howdy, Tim:

       What you're saying works for me.  I'm sorry if what
       your seeing from RT appears as unresponsiveness to
       issues like publication of bugs, but these issues are a
       matter of policy which myself and the other developers
       don't really have anything to do with.  We're the ones
       always yakking on the list but our sphere of influence
       is really just in matters directly related to the
       production of code (which unfortunately will contain an
       occasional bug (-:)

       Whether the approach you and Ted are suggesting is best
       is not for me to say.  But if there is popular consent
       that we're picking the wrong route in some of our
       practices.. well...

       What the community says is often going to have a
       greater influence than what the developers say.  You
       are all doing _us_ a favor by telling us when you think
       we're goofing it. So, if you folks see us missing the
       boat, keep letting us know (please: in a nice,
       reasonable, and non flaming way).  Someone's always
       bound to answer a ringing phone, so to speak.

       I don't know that that's a satisfactory answer, but
       that's just more or less my frank opinion.

       Surrender? We have not yet begun to fight!

       -jeff